Rolling Advertisement for
Faculty of Practice Position
IIM Lucknow appreciates the importance of keeping abreast with latest management practices being followed in the corporate and policy sectors. The position of faculty of practice has been created with an intention to tap on the unique and niche expertise available with people in senior roles in these sectors. These positions are for highly experienced and accomplished professionals who are willing to be associated on a full time basis with the institute and contribute to the growth of the institute.
Candidates must have:
- A master's degree in management (or equivalent professional qualification) from a reputed national or international institution. (Candidates with non-business degrees such as Master's in Psychology, Master's in Social Work, Chartered Accountant, etc. would also be considered.)
- At least 10 years of experience at leadership positions in industry or government with demonstrated understanding of and impact on practice.
- The candidates should preferably hold a PhD, but it is not an essential criterion. In case of exceptional candidates, the requirement of PhD may be relaxed if the candidate demonstrates some unique expertise, sound domain knowledge, obtained from practical experience.
- A demonstrated ability to teach full courses in long duration programmes of the institute.
Depending on the relevant years of experience, the selected candidate would be offered a position of "Associate Professor of Practice" or "Professor of Practice". The selected candidates would receive a consolidated salary. The overall compensation will be equivalent to that of a regular Associate Professor or Full Professor.
Tenure and nature of appointment
Appointments will be given on a contract of 3 years, with a maximum possibility of one renewal of an equivalent term based on assessment of the performance.
Candidates selected for the position of Faculty of Practice will be expected to teach in various long duration and executive education progammes of the institute as per the work norms. In addition to teaching such faculty members should also be interested in involvement in other activities of the institute such as academic administration, case writing, promoting industry-institute linkages and consulting.
Applications will be accepted only through the online form available on the institute website for this purpose. Candidates would be shortlisted based on qualification, work experience, demonstrated interest in academic activities and statement of purpose.
Shortlisted candidates would be required to give a seminar on a topic of their expertise and appear for personal interaction with a selection committee. The faculty recruitment seminar would not necessarily be in the form of a research seminar but may be on the meaningful managerial and policy intervention insights obtained from relevant experience.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill any position or select any candidate without assigning any reason.
- Merely fulfilling the minimum qualifications and experience will not confer on any candidates the right to be called for an interview or to be selected.
- The Institute will communicate only with shortlisted candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.