Prof. Samir is a leading researcher in the areas of green and sustainable supply chains, public procurement, and reverse logistics. His work has more than nine thousand citations in Google Scholar with a g-Index of 95, more than two thousand two hundred citations in Scopus with an H-Index of 9 and about fifteen hundred citations in Thomson Reuters. He serves on the Editorial Board of several International Journals.
Externally Funded Research Grants
- From Multi Donor Trust Fund for "Study to understand Government’s e-procurement intervention & its impact on procurement performance using data analytics".
- From Emerald/IAM for "Promoting Competition in Public Procurement: Finding right configurations for India".
- From Confederation of Indian Industry for "Developing Case Studies on themes related to Good Procurement Practices".
- From DST-India and EPSRC for “Engineering Driven Sustainable Supply Chains”.
- From UK-India Education and Research Initiative for “Understanding Indian and UK food industries”.