Current Research Interests
- Agricultural markets, pricing and trade
- Financing agricultural value chains/ rural finance;
- Producer Organization’s governance, and performance;
- Crop and weather insurance and risk management;
- Financing approach (blended) for sustainable farm-based interventions
Referred Journals (Select publications):
- 2018 - Governance of agricultural value chains: Coordination, control, and safeguarding. Journal of Rural Studies, Vol. 64, pp. 135-147. (with Pradeep Kumar Mishra)
- 2018 - Farmer Producer Companies in India: Determinants of performance and viability. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 53, No 44., pp. 44-52.
- 2017 - Agriculture Insurance in India: Promise, Pitfalls, and the Way forward. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 52, No .52, pp. 88-96. (with D. Maitra)
- 2017 - Options and the Commodity Market. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 52, No. 41, pp. 29-32.. (with D. Maitra)
- 2016 - National Agricultural Market: Rationale, Rollout, and Ramifications. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol 51, No. 19, pp. 35-39.
- 2016 - Can futures markets accommodate Indian farmers? Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 150-172. (with D. Maitra)
- 2016 - Warehouse to manage collateral – Kauls’ dilemma. Asian Case Research Journal, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 133-175. (with S. Alur)
- 2017 - Agriculture insurance in India: Promise, pitfalls, and the way forward. Presented in the First International Conference on Rural Management in November 23-24 at Xavier University Bhubaneswar (with D. Maitra)
- 2016 - Viability and sustainability of farmer organizations in India: Anecdotes of three producer companies presented in the International Conference on Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies held in January 6-7, 2016 at Anand (with Ateeq Shaikh and Baljeet Singh)
- 2015 - Do farmers adopt futures markets in India? A field-based experiment accepted for presentation in the Fourth Annual International Agricultural Risk, Finance, and Insurance Conference held in Washington DC, June 7-9 2015 (in absentia).
- 2013 - Is India’s rubber futures market efficient and dependent on Asian markets? accepted for presentation in Eastern Finance Association (EFA) 49th Annual Meeting at Florida, USA, April 10-13, 2013 (in absentia). (with D. Maitra and S. Alur)
Newspaper Article (in 2019):
- 2019 - Merger promises, pitfalls. Orissa POST. September 13, 2019 (with S. Kumar)
- 2019 - Policy needs refinement. Financial Express. Orissa POST. August 28, 2019.
- 2019 - ‘PAC’ing quite a few benefits. Financial Express. August 15, 2019.
- 2019 - How NBFCs can mitigate default. Financial Express. August 9, 2019.
- 2019 - Challenges amid climate change. Orissa POST. August 1, 2019 (with Niraj Kumar)
- 2019 - Growers above growth. Orissa POST. July 5, 2019.
- 2019 - Sowing climate change adaptation. Financial Express. June 13, 2019.
- 2019 - Is the NBFC crisis imminent? Financial Express. May 17, 2019.
- 2019 - Can interoperability strengthen regulatory supervision for the markets? Financial Express. April 23, 2019.
- 2019 - Development financing: Channelling public and private funding for meeting SDGs. Financial Express. March 26, 2019.